Friday, September 14, 2007

40 Weeks

Drumroll please .... And the news is ... NOTHING. Hehehehe... That's not entirely true. I haven't dilated any further, no cervix action, etc. However, the ultrasound gives an approximate weight of 9 lbs. 5 oz. and I have polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid), which helps explain why baby is still floating up high. The doc thinks it may be related to my blood sugars, because even though I don't have diabetes, the gastric bypass surgery (2001) causes spiking sugars and such, which may affect it. Otherwise, he thinks it's just a random thing.

Anyway, because of the baby's size and the
polyhydramnios, he's going to induce me Monday night for a Tuesday delivery (when he's on call). So, assuming I don't go into labor before that, Tuesday it is!

I'll try to post a 40-week belly picture sometime today, but right now, I'm ready for a nap. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Your kiddo is coming close to being as big as I was--I was a little over 10 pounds and something like 24 inches long.

Can't wait to see your baby boy!!

Paddy