Saturday, December 09, 2006

OOOWWW!

So Wednesday night Ken and I started hanging the curtains in our bedroom. But we only got the first of three brackets installed before we had to leave for dinner with a friend. After dinner, Ken went out to play music with Dan and I came home. I thought it would be nice of me to finish the curtain job so he'd have a nice surprise upon arriving home (I'm a sweet wife like that). So, I measured, leveled, marked, drilled and inserted the flush-mount pegs that support weight in drywall. As soon as I picked up the bracket, I realized I'd gone blonde for a moment and drilled/pounded in the spots where I wanted the top and bottom of the bracket to sit, not where the screw holes were. DANGIT! So, after a brief rant that would require editing for publication, I jumped into the truck and zoomed to Home Depot for putty, texture, etc., to fill my holes and repaint, which I did quite well. As I picked up the ladder to move it to the third bracket, it suddenly felt as if someone behind me had hit me on the top of my right shoulder with a bat. Jesus saved me from my own stupidity, because I'd left the drill, complete with three inches of drill bit attached, sitting on top of the 8-foot ladder, and it fell off when I moved it. Thank goodness it wasn't my HEAD (or the drill bit). Anyway, still sore from that. DO NOT leave stuff on top of ladders!! Overall, not a good night, though the curtains are lovely now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the good laugh--and makes me think my crushing ice with a hot coffee carafe not so bad!!

LOL

*as God is my witness, I really didn't think it would shatter!!

Whoelse?

Globetrotter said...

story of my life... :)