Tuesday, June 26, 2007

KaBAM! BAM!

Well, it's been a fine how-do-ya-do kinda afternoon! I volunteered to drop Sali's granddaughter off at home on my way home from work today. As we crossed straight through an intersection, a car in the left turn lane suddenly decided he wanted to turn right (or go straight, I'm not sure which). Either way, he ended up turning right into us. He hit the front, driver's side wheel and scraped along the side, bounced off, and bumped the back wheel and fender. Oy.

I felt really bad for him (a very nice man) because it was a borrowed car and he said he'd never been in an accident before (he was probably in his 50s). The insurance card he gave me (and the cop) was from the glovebox of the car and not his own, so we'll see how that works... Looks like I'll be driving a rental for a while while the Accord is in the body shop! Good thing we have rental reimbursement coverage on our policy.

Fortunately, no one was hurt (that we're aware of at this point, anyway). I hope the baby slept through it. :o) He kicked me all the way home from the scene, which is comforting, so I'll put my feet up a while, have some water, and see how I feel. Anyway, here she is; my poor new baby car, all smooshed up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A- I'm glad you (and the baby) are ok. Poor smooshed Honda. ;o( Trust me, mine has had its share.

It's fun to see the pictures of you... the baby is getting big. You're so cute! Hope all is well. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK! Nobody even told me this happened!