Friday, April 27, 2007

20-Week Appointment

My 20-week appointment this morning went great. Everything looked perfect, but we didn't get any good pics because the little stinker was smooshing half his face into the placenta and covering the other half with his opposite arm. Silly boy. Camera shy and stubborn, just like daddy. We shook and vibrated my belly for a good 10 minutes trying to get him to put that arm down, but he just absolutely refused to budge. I should've had some caffeine! So we'll probably just do another u/s at 32 weeks to get some good pics.

We confirmed that it's definitely a boy, heart, spine, stomach, kidneys, brain, lip, nose, etc., all look perfect. Phew! My glucose was elevated quite high, but doc figured that was because of the milk I had with breakfast (as a post gastric bypass patient, milk sugars create a major insulin-type reaction); he didn't seem concerned.

Now, to get serious about a name...

But first, a nap.

No comments: