Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ay, Dios Mio!

This hotel I'm staying at while I'm attending meetings in Tucson is a little old. It's been remodeled, but the structure is a little lacking, so I can hear every footstep, toilet flush, etc. I'm so glad I brought my ear plugs! Anyway, I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to a car alarm going off. Once I was satisfied that it wasn't mine, I went back to bed.

About 6:45, I woke up when my upstairs neighbors started moving around and showering. I swear the floor was going to cave in! Pipes banging, etc. One crash was so loud that it sounded like it was inside my room.

About 7:30, I woke up again, looked up, and saw a fat man's LEG sticking through the ceiling above my bed. I was in such shock that I couldn't scream. I just grabbed the phone and ran into hallway to call the desk. They were trying to calm me down and assured me that someone was one their way to help. YIKES!!! My heart was pounding so hard and I could barely breathe. That's when I woke up again — for real. No leg in the ceiling. Thank you, Jesus.

The day is off to an interesting start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! You have dreams as bad as my husband. And now I am sorry to say that the visual image of a fat man's leg poking through the ceiling of your hotel room is irrevocably burned into my brain. Thanks. Really. :) (giggling)