Sunday, March 27, 2005

Tired of the headlines

I'm getting really tired of reading about the Schiavo case, Jackson's trial, the ailing pope and Wendy's giving somebody the finger. I'd bet a zillion dollars (if I had it) that poor Terri wanted to let go 14 years ago. But even if she weren't mentally vegetative, in fact, especially if she were mentally alert, she would not want to "live" like she has been for 15 years. All the same, I feel badly for the parents, who probably survive day to day on the hope that she might someday recover, even if that hope is not based on facts or evidence. People should really make living wills.

As far as Michael Jackson goes, I bet he didn't touch that kid, but regardless, he's mentally ill enough that prison might help him figure his life out. Or maybe he's too far gone already. I'm guessing that he'll be acquitted, because that accuser's family completely lacks credibility.

I think the news I enjoy most is the Strange and Weird lists from AP and Reuters. Then again, that's where the finger-chili story keeps appearing. I use iWon.com for my home page, and you can set it up with all this personalized content, which I love.

Well, Ken's working on taxes and I'm spring cleaning, so I guess I'll get back to it before I lose the motivation.

No comments: