Monday, March 07, 2005

Rodents and Idols

So we've been having a rodent problem around here lately. We live in a relatively rural area with open space all around, and rats love it. All the rain has driven them in even more. We can't go in the kitchen because something has died in the walls and it smells terrible rotten. Then tonight we were sitting on the couch watching "American Idol" when from the corner of my eye I see a mouse run down the hall! We chased the little bastard into a closet, and Ken herded him out the door. Perhaps he'll head into one of the six Orkin rat-size bait boxes we have out for his last meal... Speaking of those boxes, they just placed them Tuesday, and we checked them Sunday — EMPTY! Those rats have cleaned them out; I can't imagine how many dead ones there are. Fortunately, they take the bait back to their nests and feed the family with it, so they're not dying here (at least no evidence yet). I hate feeling so invaded.

And speaking of "Idol," the guys are just so awesome. I totally see the top six being all guys. I even voted tonight for the first time this season. How hip am I?

No comments: