Saturday, May 05, 2007

Luke

No, Luke is not the name we've chosen for the baby. Rather, it's the name of the crib set I think we've settled on, a la JCPenney. I think we'll still go with airplane themed accessories in the room and maybe the walls.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole registering process (what the heck do babies need? want?). So I'm reading books and online forums and such, trying to get an idea of what people found necessary, nice, and totally useless. Our problem is space — we have very little of it. So, we can't be buying every nifty gadget and piece of furniture that seems cool. I'll be glad when my mom, a.k.a. Granny Nanny, arrives so that we can stash some stuff in her house! I can't even start working on the nursery until she arrives, because I need to put our spare bed in her spare room. Probably. Unless we just sell it! I'm starting to feel the urge to nest and really want to get on with getting ready. But I'm paralyzed until we find a place to stash some of our stuff. Maybe I'll break down and get a storage until until Mom comes.

Well, OK, back to my books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Luke Adams has a nice ring to it. Or Luca Adams (Luca is my fave character on ER)--or even better how about Peja? or Bibby? LOL

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this one. The polka dots and stripes are so fun and blue and brown together is one of my favorite color combinations. :) Also, as a side note, this is a fun pattern that you can then accessorize with airplanes or trains or toads as your whim requires. Rather than a pattern that represents one of those things specifically and therefore is difficult to decorate differently later if you wanted. I always view decorating in those terms - things that are easily changeable. :)