Thursday, March 08, 2007

Looks like we'll be buying blue...

It's a BOY!!

That's a fairly certain guess by the perinatologist that did my first trimester screening this morning. She'd only admit an 80% accuracy for this stage, but she seemed 100% certain and even showed us the parts and how she determined what she did. :o) Yay! Got it all on video, too. Awesome.

In other news, there were no visible markers for Down's or any other chromosomal problems (nuchal skin fold was well within normal range, clearly defined nose bone, good-looking spine, all appendages, etc.), and he even measures a few days ahead (based on size, she guessed my due date at 9/9). We'll get official results back in a few days (combining the ultrasound with the bloodwork), but I'm not expecting anything to turn up. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW it! I KNEW it I KNEW it! Congrats you two! Jon and I are both very happy for you both! We watched the video yesterday at Jeremy and Michelle's. Can't wait to hear more!

Love,
Amy