Friday, September 15, 2006

The Most Recent

Seems like I haven't posted in a long time, but not because things aren't happening. I guess I associate posting with photos, which I haven't had many of lately. We've been shut out of the condo until the final walk-thru, so I don't have any new pics of that.

We signed our loan paperwork today. I can see how, for people who don't regularly deal with loan documents, it would be a really intimidating process. But since I see many loan packages as a notary signing agent, this deal was old hat. I knew where to look in the fine print to see what I wanted, where to sign this and that document, etc. Very easy. So, we'll find out our walk-thru date when we stop by the sales office Sunday; we are scheduled to "close" on Wednesday, Sept. 27. WOW.

We successfully completed day 1 of our yard sale. Sunday will be the big day, I'm sure. We sold a bunch of the big stuff (laundry machines, elliptical machine, BBQ and patio furniture) to friends, which is great, because we can keep using them until we move and not have to handwash clothes for three weeks. That would suck.

The bad thing is that since we paid 1.25 points on our loan to buy down the rate, we're getting back about $4K less at closing that I originally calculated. Bummer. But so goes it.

In other news, Ken is doing great in school and enjoying it. Even a shock to him! I still love my job and Brady is doing great. In fact, he just did a "poopy dance" and sang a song with daddy. Good times.

We just got back from a big meat supper at Bandits. I had prime rib and can now feel my arteries hardening as I type. And all my energy has gone to my gut to process this gluttonous meal, so I'm ready for bed and it's only 8:25. Oh well, I got up two hours earlier than usual this morning, so my body thinks it's 10:25. Sure. That sounds good. OK. Goodnight, then.

No comments: