Monday, July 31, 2006

Brick-layer


Construction worker isn't my best look, but I had some nice biceps by the end of the week in Mexico!

Not much news to report on our condo this week. They finished the special concrete flooring (sound-muffling), so now they'll be able to move in cabinets and such. No new pics, because there wasn't anything to see. That unit we'd been posting pics from in building one is now off limits. They have the doors on and carpet in, so everything is locked up tight to keep people from messing up the flooring. Sad not to be able to go through it, but I'm glad, too, because I wouldn't want people with dirty feet tromping through on my new carpet, either. From now on, we'll be posting pics from our own unit anyway. I'm also thrilled that we can't see the ugly industrial plant (just SW of the development) from our windows/balcony because the YMCA blocks it. Yay.

Chad (my co-worker, who is the one who introduced us to this development in the first place and will be in the unit below us and over one) already has his cabinets and granite in place. Can't wait to go peek at that! Now that we have hardhats, we look more official on the property, so "trespassing" is easier. But once they lock the place up, we won't be able to get in without an appointment anyway, so it'll be a limited engagement.

No comments: