Sunday, June 05, 2005

Live scanning

I just have to vent for a moment about the process of live scan fingerprinting. At least the process of getting an appointment at the Thousand Oaks sheriff's office. I called the number from the State of California CPS website and inquired about making an appointment. The lady I spoke with said that I needed to wait for my paperwork to come from the State, but that I wouldn't need an appointment (error #1); just come on in. So, when our paperwork arrived, we went on in. The lady at the window said they only do live scanning on Thursdays (error #2) by appointment and to come back at 10:30 and 10:45 Thursday for our appointments. Turned out that our optometry appointment ran very long, so I called to cancel the appointments and rescheduled for 4:30 that same afternoon. So when we arrived at 4:30, the lady who does the live scanning, who had been on vacation until that day, she said, had absolutely no record of our appointments (error #3); not the 10:30/45 a.m. nor the 4:30. As per typical clock-watcher employees, she said she was outta there the minute her current appointment was over, so she couldn't help us (unhelpful #4). We'd have to reschedule... AGAIN. So, we'll go back Monday morning. At least this time the live scanner herself put our appointments in the book, so there shouldn't be anymore errors. We'll see.

No comments: