Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Run Like the Wind

So I decided to take the dog for a walk up the hill into the open space behind the academy. On the way down from the top, I slipped on some rocks and landed on my butt. No blood, but I felt quite silly. Fortunately, so one saw except the dog (I hope). Then, on the way down the paved road (which stops half way up the hill), I got the urge to run the rest of the way down. I'm talking full barrel, Forrest Gump RUUUUNNNN. It was GREAT! I love running when it's a slight downhill. Anyway, I get to the bottom and realize, to my horror, that there are a dozen and a half teenagers from the academy sitting silently behind the dugout of the ball field watching my crazed sprint. Fortunately they elected not to laugh out loud. Perhaps they were just in shock that an old lady could run so fast. Hehehe...

House plans are coming along well. They moved our closing date back to Nov. 21 (it was the 14th). It'll probably move again. Just as well. All the more time for us to save money while it's appreciating! We locked our interest rate yesterday and have the loan settled. It's a huge payment, so we'll likely be eating rice and beans and cereal from a bag for a year (or four), but it's ultimately worth it because it's such a great investment. The price has already gone up by $20,000. Can't beat that for one month's investment, huh? We should have the price sheet for the upgrades within a couple of weeks. That's what I'm most interested in.

No comments: