Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Land of Louisiana

Saturday morning I flew from LAX to New Orleans, where my mom and aunt picked me up just in time to drive straight to my sister's anniversary surprise party in Baton Rouge. The shin-dig was a complete success with scores of attendees from near an far. Martha and Jim were definitely surprised; Martha ended up mad that our siblings had been in town for a whole day without her knowing. Ha! She hates not knowing anything and can't bear that there was conversation she wasn't a part of. Oh well; it was worth it. My nephew, Ned, drove me back to New Orleans yesterday. We had enough time to drive through some of the Lakeview neighborhoods that had flooded so badly, and I took a few photos, but managed to leave my camera in the floor of Ned's car, so those will have to wait for posting. Mom and Merilyn are headed up north for a Louisiana/Mississippi tour; lots of historic places mom's been wanting to see for years. I think she's also scoping retirement locations.

No comments: