Friday, July 29, 2005

Glad for Sabbath

I suppose now that the newness of blogging has worn off (and there's nothing terribly exciting going on with us) that I'm less likely to keep up with it. Tuesday night I did a signing in Ojai. First time I've been up there, even though I've lived here for almost three years. It's only 40 miles. Neat little town; very quaint ... and DARK. The signing was at 9 p.m., and it was very clear that there were no street lights. At all. Really felt like a country town. Quite a drive though, because the road is a little crooked. Anyway, I need to go back during the daytime to see more.

Wednesday Ken had a guitar lesson with a working studio musician named Rick. He really enjoyed it. We're going to The Baked Potato tomorrow night to see the guy's band play their last show before they go on tour.

Yesterday and today I worked from home because they've been painting in our building for a couple of weeks and it's really toxic in there. The smell wouldn't be enough to keep me away, but combine it with stuff covered in plastic and workers bustling around and it's not very conducive to productivity.

We discovered a new frozen pizza we like. Freschetta Sauce Stuffed Crust; really good. The sauce is a little too spicy, but has a great flavor. Cheese and herbs are perfect. Crust is a good texture. I'd give it a 9 of 10 stars (-1 only for the overly spicey sauce). That's my tidbit for the day.

No comments: